Wednesday, December 30

Dreamtime in Laos

Merry Christmas everyone! Mum, it sucks we can't email anymore, how can it be in this century that we can't communicate!!

I am living and working in an eco resort in the Lao jungle. Dreamtime is a beautiful place created by a dreamer, designed to protect and conserve the forest and offer a welcome space for travellers and other dreamers! It has the feeling of a North Queensland forest retreat - open platforms and open spaces for dining, cushions and mats on wooden floors. Trees, bamboo, misty mornings and handbuilt log cabins scattered throughout 30 hectares!! BLISS!!

I feel lucky to have landed here, in addition to learning Laos, my Hebrew is getting better, haha. It's jungle bliss, with no electricity, gourmet meals and a river to bathe in..

.. here's a photo of my little bungalow :) There are projects to be created..new compost bins, the garden plot, arranging spaces for goats and chickens. For now my main task is to decorate the bungalows. I collect materials from the forest floor and design dreamcatchers. There are also hemp paintings to design and curtains to sew..it's been very creative and I've surprised even myself.

There are also less fun tasks, such as hauling water, checking trails, making new trails and washing..but all in all it's been a blissful rest! Mid-afternoon when it's hot, I swim in the river and find a nice hammock to curl up in and drink tea or smoke the remainder of the day. There are some beautiful travellers and Christmas was spectactular with an amazing fire feast and drumming and music! I was thinking of you!

There are pieces of surrounding property available..did someone say start a commune and live in Laos?


If you're ever in Lao, go and bliss out in the forest!