Sunday, December 20

Consolidation - time well spent?

So with the apartment gone, my experiment in homelessness behind me and only a few possessions to my name, it seems I am finally getting ready to leave Vietnam...

With the thought of leaving on my mind, a good friend of mine recently got me onto this idea of consolidation. Leaving is a good time to work out why you came...and stayed.
It's too much to write every little story, the emotion and intensity that arose from first entering Vietnam till now, but the strength and knowledge that comes with independence, the love and care that comes from finding true friends and the fun times and hard times I have had along the way have all created a new me!
When I came to Vietnam I expected to stay 6 months, that things would work smoothly, my friends would support me and that I would come home soon after .. with loads of cash saved :) Shows what expectations can do...
While in Vietnam, I had some very sad times, some very intense times and told and learned some truths. I worked for 7 schools, had 8 private jobs, taught kids and adults from 16 months to 84 years old. I played music at 4 festivals, 3 bars, 2 parks and many parties. I've been an English teacher, private teacher, dog walker, kindergarten teacher, cake maker, fire spinner, music maker.
I feel as though I did everything I wanted to do and more...even swim in Westlake!
Many beers, cakes, road trips, jobs, tears, parties, music, laughter and love and a little homelessness later, I feel as though I have learnt to truly understand a new culture, I feel as though I have two countries now.
And the world awaits.