Friday, May 8

Wild Weather

I overslept my alarm this morning, only to be snapped awake by terrific cracks of lightning hitting the earth. A massive tropical storm bellowed through Hanoi wreaking a fair bit of havoc...and I was scared.

I stood on my verandah with a cup of coffee watching very close lightning strikes over the cloud covered lake. I cringed to see a couple strolling down by the water's edge holding ...a massive umbrella. Honestly, Vietnamese people do some dumb things but this was the only time I have seriously wanted to shout out a warning...I mean seriously.

Apparently it's normal for this time of year. Tropical storm Chan-Hom might just be the first of a weekly parade of winds and rain... bummer. For my first tropical storm, it was ok.

Although intense, the sight was nothing like a lightning storm engulfs a volcano in Southern Chile on
this day last year >>>