Saturday, May 23

Vegan Chocolate Cake

I've decided to go vegan...

It's Week One... so...we'll see how it pans out. But for the short term at least, I am going to be a very conscious eater.

There are many reasons (and we all know why)...I want to be more self sufficient and not rely on wee animals, it's the 21st century - we're educated and it's easy to stay healthy, the environmental impact, it's lower in fat and better for my heart and cholesterol...

...and on
e look at the PETA website is enough to turn anyone's gastronomic habits in a better direction! Ack, let's face it who wants to eat tortured animals.

There's a whole world of amazing, simple and delicious food out there that doesn't involve any animal participation. I've cooked nachos, vege burgers, spinach quiche, pesto pasta, mushroom steaks and actually... I think I may actually eating BETTER than I was before!

As I type a delicious chocolate cake is bubbling away in my oven! And it's totally guilt-free...well, almost... I didn't say fat-free did I!

UPDATE: The chocolate cake was terrible...and so was the second attempt...hmm..at least my drumming group enjoyed them! It's back to the chocolate cake drawing board.