Friday, December 12

6 months in Nam

Yep, it's been 6 months already.

October held many ups and downs, such a shocker it took deep breaths and the majority of November to get back to some semblance of normality... but change is what life's about right..!?

Work wise, my contract with the Yamaha corporation ended and October saw me working with Teach International.. again, assisting in the set up, organization and delivery of their Hanoi TESOL course.

12 Australians teacher trainees flew to Hanoi to complete the course here :) It was a very busy two weeks ensuring the teacher/students were oriented and settled. Definitely hectic at times and I was in a constant state of busyness!! But there were amazing friendships formed and a lot of support during prac week as the teachers headed into the schoolroom for the first time.

Two teachers have decided to stay on in Hanoi for the long term and have both been offered jobs already, I'm sure more than a few others will be back in the near future!

Most of my time off recently sees me drumming with a group of djembe drummers. W
e're learning traditional West African rhythms. The group performs in Hanoi (recently at the multicultural festival). I've purchased a Vietnamese made drum, it sounds good. And I've been having loads of fun, but, even after 5 years of hitting skin, my left hand still does exactly the opposite of what I tell it.

Musical instrument and mat street :)
Hang Manh
Old Quarter, Hanoi

No comments:

Post a Comment