Wednesday, May 19

Parangtritis Beach Shack Love

Imam is an old man...well, not so old..but you couldn't tell. His dark skin gleams with health, his eyes alert and concentrated, his posture strong. His thick dreadlocks are wrapped around his head like a turban and he wears traditional Javanese cloths.

I listen to him, he's talking about the heart..telling me when I am in Indonesia, I need to be fully HERE. My head, my heart and my soul need to
be fully present. When I am in Australia, sama sama..and he's right..being here and now..all important..

Imam's bamboo beach house is right on the edge of Parangtritis beach, with strong beautiful waves and amazing sunsets. There are dunes, kids, kites, coconuts, magic mushrooms and amazing storms! Charlie and I swam in the ocean during a huge one.

The whole earth went black in the middle of the day, the sun disappeared, the land disappeared in the heavy rain. Cracks of thunder bursting my eardrums, lightning crackled all around us. Sometimes you disobey your instincts to have an incredible experience.

Long days, hot days, mostly wet days. Swimming every single day, baths from the well - no wonder people here are strong..and clean. Waterfall washing almost every other day. Horse rides in a mushroom haze, poking around cow pats for golden surprises! sleepy, colorful daytime dreaming..Kite flying, rolling on the dunes, sugar wine and toast in the afternoon sun under palm trees of coconuts and good friends to share love with!