Monday, February 9

Peace, love, kindergarten


Hmm, happy Year of the Ox everyone.

I guess post
Tet, this post should be about Tet..an adjective packed piece about the tranquility of Hanoi's eerily quiet streets, the customs and intricate rituals for luck in the new year. Visiting incense smothered pagodas overflowing with prayers, scoffing traditional cakes, the free flowing red wine..(sorry, not traditional, just me.)

.. but instead, I'm going to talk about myself and my job.. again... hehe...

Isn't that what a blog is for? To talk about yourself??

Anyway, concerns about narcissism aside, I have a new job. Yes, another one added to the list of lawyers, executives, kids and teens. It's temporary, with a contract offered in few months, but it's been such a fantastic experience.

I'm working in an international kindergarten and taught my first session with the 'TIGERS' class. My 8 tiny students are just are 20 months - two years old, of various nationalities, Dutch, Swiss, Vietnamese, Japanese and French.

Having already taught ESL at a Vietnamese kindy classes has helped with my confidence, but real kindergarten is so different. There's much more eating and napping and crafts and outdoor play...I'm in heaven. I'm yet to learn all the developmental aims for my age group. And it's a learning experience for me.

Each class involves arts and crafts, singing so
ngs, painting animals and learning the alphabet, colours and about the natural world and a nap! I'm also the art teacher.. and I totally dig that.

The pay is terrible, but ending a day's work with an enormous smile, covered in hugs and kisses is a PRECIOUS thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment