Friday, July 4

Uncle Ho - Mausoleom Hanoi

I've begun to realise how difficult it is to be a good tourist and take photos when... you've always got a pair of chopsticks or a fat baguette in your hands, but I'm doing my best!


Ok, here's an easy one, I've moved in next door to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. It's a
n indomitable grey box proudly set among gorgeous lush Victorian gardens and snaking paths. The much loved 'Uncle Ho's' body is kept preserved mummy-like inside this imposing mausoleum while the irony lies in the fact the great leader specifically requested a simple cremation, (that and the rumours of Madame Tussuad's involvement in the 'preservation' of his remains).

Rumours aside, this icon of Vietnamese independence is still very much revered in Hanoi, and even I was pretty impressed by his dedication over many years of his life to secure Vietnamese independence. I wish I could be so dedicated to one task!

It really is a cool building, one of my favorites. Opening times are only from 8 - 11am so don't miss out!


No comments:

Post a Comment