Tuesday, July 6

Yum Yum Yum - el mundo en 2CV

..and I'm not talking about the edible street delights of Penang. I'm talkin' Spanish..dreadlocks to knees..world travelling, crunchy granola dreams kind of deliciousness...

Jorge (pronounced Hor - hey, for those of you who don't understand the Spanish 'J', and like me, pronounce it similar to 'George') and his friend, Miguel, are travelling the world in a 2CV. Ag
ain for those of you who don't know, a Citroen 2CV is old school French piece of class, on wheels.

The best part of this story is not that they are parked in a guesthouse down the road! but that just one year ago Miguel couchsurfed with me after leaving the car, and his friend in some rainbow tribe in India..

He helped me pack down my apartment in Hanoi..yes, he was one of the four I hosted within two weeks of moving out!

..and is what's known as a 'professional traveller', one of those nomads with a tiny backpack, funky picture dictionary, 4 t-shirts, can actually work a map,and a smile and personality to take the words out of anyone's mouth in ANY language or disarm an entire militia.

So, with this backstory, I was walking down the street in Penang and saw...Naranjito.. their little orange beauty and travelling goddess (though I am told Naranjito is a he) sitting forlorn in a carpark..I took a double take and ran up to see...

Hehe, it's a surprise that has kept me smiling for a while, it's very cool to have these guys here! 2 years and 30 countries later..stories, pictures, beautiful jewellery and hopes for a documentary on their amazing journey..

The car and Jorge are heading to Australia next, so I hope to catch up with them agaaaaiiin...

Check out the blog love below..sorry espanol only...
...but great boys, great pics and a great story!


Jorge - http://blogs.lavozdegalicia.es/jorgesierra

Miguel http://elmundoen2cv.rioja2.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment