Wednesday, February 3

Big Brother Mouse

It's incredible to think that some children have never experienced the sensation of being caught up in the terrible excitement and wonder of a good children's book. That they have never had their minds open to the possibility of witches, goblins, giants and fairies. That they have never imagined a big, red dog, or a caterpillar who ate everything or a spider who had a big heart!

Wow, as a book lover, I can't imagine a child's life
without books to expand my imagination!Big Brother Mouse helps kids in Laos to do just this. They translate, edit and publish books for kids and make literacy their number one priority. While I was in Luang Prabang I dropped into the center and volunteered for an English class. The kids I had were from 7 - 16 and we had a great time doing tongue twisters and a pronunciation session. Afterwards I read them my favorite book! Possum Magic!You can volunteer for an English class or simply buy a book or two!





www.bigbrothermouse.com
To reach the shop, walk down the main street of Luang Prabang. From the Night Market area walk towards the end of the peninsula. Take the third left (not counting small alleys), immediately after 3 Nagas Restaurant. They are down on the left.